Friday, June 6, 2008

FAREWELL MCCANN

The tall dark building in the back is McCann, I worked on the 23rd floor.

So, Friday was my last day at McCann Erickson, and I think it deserves a post in my blog. I also think that everyone is probably wondering what I really have been doing in NYC these past 6 weeks too, ha! Let me first start with this, I feel super lucky to have interned at McCann. The work Matt and I have produced, which was no small quantity, has been treated as anything but "intern" work. The account we spent the majority of our time working on was Verizon FiOS. It's Verizon's television, internet and phone service. The internet is extra fast, and the television picture is extra clear. It's funny the things that you become expert through the different accounts you work on. I could probably spout a whole post on the benefits of FiOS and fiber optics in general, etc. etc. and how it relates to Verizon, but I'll spare you. Anyway, we've successfully sold a TV spot which will be shot in LA the 17th-20th of June. We tried to find a NY based director so Matt and I could attend the shoot, but no dice. Anyway, as soon as it's finished, I'll have it posted on the blog for all of you to see since it will probably only air in the eastern U.S. and wherever FiOS is. So, it'll be great to have a reel in my portfolio. FiOS is also digging up all of Manhattan to bring the NYC FiOS, so we helped with the non-traditional part of that, so some of that work we did is moving on, and some more stuff for Verizon and Intel... Anyway, It's taken me a few days to write this post, and a lot has happened since then! So, I'm going to attach some McCann pictures and then move on... Ha! I can't wait to blog about my weekend!
This is what I saw when I walked into the building.
This is McCann's tag, motto, etc.