Friday, May 16, 2008

BRINGING IT UP TO SPEED


So, now I'll catch up on the past 3 weeks that I've been here, and give you a little taste of my New Yorkness, ha! I live in a very small NY room on the Upper-West Side, north of Colombia, and almost to Harlem. I take the subway to work every morning, with only transfer. I get off at Grand Central station and walk a few blocks to about 40th and 3rd avenue where I work at McCann Erickson (An advertising agency, if you didn't already know) on the 23rd floor. Matt Miller, my partner, and I have been spending our days working on Verizon, brainstorming and creating campaigns. Lately we (the 3 other McCann interns and I) love eating at this little street cart for lunch. It's called Rafiqi's, and it's Halal food. Halal food, is that right? Well, it's spicy and yummy, and not too expensive, which is great. I've been keeping our nights full. Last Monday, Randi, V, and I took a random trip out to Queens searching for this little shop that I'll tell you about as soon as I can. . . ha! Randi and I went to Little Mermaid Tuesday. I can't quite remember what we did with Wednesday, Thursday. . . We went to the Museum of Natural History on Saturday where I met Thumbelina, the world's smallest horse. She weights 57 lbs, and is 17.5 inches tall, crazy! I'll even attach a picture to prove it.

Saturday night we saw a Julliard dance concert, and then discovered this little Italian place called Pisticci's not even a block away from the Ihouse, where we live. I've met a lot of fun people here. I live on the 7th floor, which just happens to be a social one. The Sunday trend has been to walk through Central Park before or after church and just enjoy it. Well, that's a pretty quick summary. Hopefully I'll keep pretty on top of it from now on.