Wednesday, May 28, 2008

VIRGINIA BEACH


Well, I spent the long Memorial Day weekend in Virginia Beach to visit Jeff, and since I'm writing a week late, I'll just give the synopsis. I had a blast! I flew in Friday night on a very quick flight, and then flew out early early Tuesday morning. While Jeff worked, I spent my time with "the wives" at the pool, the Norfolk Botanical Gardens which are beautiful , shopping, and working on my portfolio. All of the time with these younger wives taught me a lot, ha! I learned a lot about budgetting, and spending as little money as possible, and what your husband does when you spend more than you should. Jennie, Jeff's sister and Emily, another wife are both pregnant. So, besdies exposure to issues of early married life, I helped decide on a pair of maternity jeans, and familiarized myself with the different aches and pains that come with pregnancy. For example, leg cramps in the middle of the night, random stretching feelings across your tummy, inability to sleep, and the excitement of a miracle growing inside you. Wife time was definitely educational, but I really did enjoy it. Sunday, thought, was probably my favorite day, probably because Jeff didn't have to work. After church at 9, we made a full loaf of French toast. A while ago for Sunday dinner, Jeff and his family introduced me to putting hot applesauce and syrup on top of French toast. It sounds a little wierd, but it is so good! Especially when Jeff's little brother makes homemade cinnamon syrup. So, we had French toast with all of the toppings. Sunday night, Chris and Jennie (Jeff's sister and brother-in-law) had us over for dinner - very yummy. Jeff and I then spent the rest of our night at the beach. We rented bikes, (yes... broke the Sabbath) and rode along the walkway, walked to the water waded in the cold ocean. We rode the ferris wheel on the beach and began to fill out this book I got for us at Urban Outfitters. It's called "The Two of Us", and it asks a bunch of random questions. I'll have to dedicate a whole post to the book later. Anyway, we ended the night with oreos and milk at Jeff's. It was a wonderful day, and the goodbye wasn't too bad, ha! I'm heading back for the 4th of July, so that will be fun. Here's some pics from the weekend. Jeff took pictures of us while we were riding bikes, and on our way out to the beach, we saw a Statue of Liberty, ha! We had to take a picture, since Jeff can't come to NY, this will be good enough, ha ha!

.